M2025 Year 1
M2025 Year 2 rollover
Please note, that all courses offered are subject to receiving a minimum of 5 students at the beginning of the academic year. We will contact the school prior to the course start date if we are unable to take a course forward.
* Excludes VAT
The course covers the following topics:
- Course Overview
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Fundamentals of Ethics
- Moral Theories: Consequentialist
- Moral Theories: Deontological
- Introduction to the Republic
- Plato’s theory of knowledge
- Political philosophy
- Plato’s Influence of End of Year Exam
- Are Human’s Special?
- What are we made of?
- Theories on the self
- Trial Exam
- Freedom and Determinism
The BenefitsTaking IB Philosophy SL online will enable students to:
- sharpen their intellectual skills.
- develop intercultural understanding which is sought by the world’s top universities.
- develop 21st century skills like time management, communication and digital literacy which are much in demand by employers.
What Is Different in Taking IB Philosophy SL Online?Students will have the opportunity to:
- study alongside students from around the world.
- exchange ideas with people from very different philosophical backgrounds.
- access source material in a variety of media.
- access a structured learning environment that provides flexibility and support in equal measure.
Activities and AssessmentActivities include watching videos, reading notes, independent research, listening to podcasts by leading philosophers, writing personal reflections, essay writing, analysing and evaluating texts, external websites, or online discussions with classmates. Students take quizzes and carry out activities for authentic examination preparation.
Advice from Our TeachersIn order to succeed in IB Philosophy SL, we recommend students set aside five to six hours a week.
Ready to See Pamoja Online Courses in Action?
Explore any of our 22 IB-approved Diploma courses.