Explore our 22 IB-approved Diplome Programme Online Courses.
M2025 Year 1
M2025 Year 2 rollover
Please note, that all courses offered are subject to receiving a minimum of 5 students at the beginning of the academic year. We will contact the school prior to the course start date if we are unable to take a course forward.
* Excludes VAT
The course covers the following topics:
- Course Overview
- Introduction to Economics
- Competitive Markets
- How do markets fail?
- Internal Assessment
- Market Failure – market power
- The National Economy
- Employment and Inflation
- Unemployment and Economic Growth
- Year One Revisited
- Income Distribution and Macro Policies
- Free Trade Vs. Protectionism
- Exchange Rates
- Balance of Payments
- Measure of Economic Development
- Barriers to Economic Development
- Aid, Debt and Economic Development
- Exam Revision
The BenefitsTaking Economics HL online will enable students to:
- learn real world applications of economic theory.
- understand the areas of microeconomics, macroeconomics and the global economy.
- meet and study with students and teachers from around the world.
- become experienced in a wide range of technical and social tools.
- develop 21st century skills like time management, communication and digital literacy which are much in demand by employers.
What is different in taking Economics HL online?Students will have the opportunity to:
- access source material in a variety of media.
- access a structured learning environment that provides flexibility and support in equal measure.
- study alongside students from around the world.
- gain experience of using the latest online learning tools.
- regularly communicate with teachers and fellow students.
Activities and Assessment
The emphasis is on learning actively together and activities include live online discussions, creating presentations, learning from videos and interactive exercises. Throughout the Economics HL course, students engage in online discussions, debates, article analysis and group research projects.
Students are assessed through the use of quizzes and tests. We also provide traditional activities such as essay writing to prepare them for the exams.
Assessment will be both formative and summative and in accordance with IB criteria.
Advice from Our TeachersIn order to succeed in Economics HL, we recommend students set aside seven to ten hours a week.
Ready to See Pamoja Online Courses in Action?
Explore any of our 22 IB-approved Diploma courses.