M2025 Year 1
M2025 Year 2 rollover
Please note, that all courses offered are subject to receiving a minimum of 5 students at the beginning of the academic year. We will contact the school prior to the course start date if we are unable to take a course forward.
* Excludes VAT
The course covers the following topics:
- Course Overview
- Daily Life
- School and Education
- Home and Neighbourhood
- End of Year Exam
- China and the World
- University and Education
- Special Events, Festivals and Food
- IA and Trial Exam
- Work and Workplace
- Our Home, Our Environment
- Media and Technology
The BenefitsTaking IB Mandarin ab initio online will enable students to:
- develop their receptive, productive and interactive skills.
- function successfully in a Mandarin-speaking environment.
- develop an appreciation of the cultural riches of Mandarin-speaking communities.
- greatly expand their possibilities for work, entertainment and travel.
What is different in taking IB Mandarin ab initio online?Students will have the opportunity to:
- access a structured learning environment that provides flexibility and support in equal measure.
- study alongside students from around the world.
- gain experience of using the latest online learning tools.
- regularly communicate with teachers and fellow students.
- take part in interactive and engaging lessons that allow them to learn, review and practise easily.
- practise essential 21st century skills such as digital literacy, collaboration and self-organisation.
Activities and AssessmentActivities include live online discussions, creating presentations, learning from videos, as well as exciting, hand-writing practice and interactive tasks. The emphasis is on learning actively together. Of course, there will be some traditional activities such as essay writing and oral practice to prepare you for the exams. Assessment will be both formative and summative and fully in accordance with IB criteria. The IB assessment consists of two parts: external assessment and internal assessment. The external assessment assesses students’ productive and receptive skills, namely, writing, listening comprehension and reading comprehension. The internal assessment assesses oral skills. Students deliver a presentation based on a visual stimulus, before moving onto a general conversation with their teacher.
Advice from Our TeachersIn order to succeed in Mandarin ab initio SL, we recommend students set aside five to six hours a week.
Ready to See Pamoja Online Courses in Action?
Explore any of our 22 IB-approved Diploma courses.