Explore our 22 IB-approved Diplome Programme Online Courses.
Spanish B SL is a course designed for students with some previous experience of the language. As a guideline, this usually means having studied Spanish for a minimum of 120 hours. The focus of the course is on improving language acquisition and skills through authentic materials such as magazine articles, films and podcasts.
M2025 Year 1
M2025 Year 2 rollover
Please note, that all courses offered are subject to receiving a minimum of 5 students at the beginning of the academic year. We will contact the school prior to the course start date if we are unable to take a course forward.
* Excludes VAT
The course covers the following topics:
- Courses Overview
- Oportunidades de educación
- La ecología en manos de todos
- Los media de comunicación
- El impacto de la inmigración
- La importancia de las tradiciones
- Problemas ambientales
- La realidad de la inmigración
- Cultura y medios de comunicación
- Infancias robadas
- Arte hispano
- El estrés y el deporte
- La vendimia en países hispanos
- Creencias y tradiciones culturales
- Proyectos de acción social
- La ciudad de la Habana
- Preparación y revisión
The BenefitsTaking Spanish B SL online will enable students to:
- take part on a course designed by some of the best IB Spanish teachers in the world.
- be supported by highly experienced IB teachers.
- communicate clearly, effectively and fluently in Spanish.
- understand and appreciate different perspectives of people from Spain and Latin America.
- greatly expand their possibilities for work, entertainment and travel in an increasingly important part of the world.
- be creatively and intellectually stimulated.
What is different in taking Spanish B SL online?Students will have the opportunity to:
- study alongside students from around the world.
- access authentic materials in a variety of media.
- gain experience of using the latest online learning tools.
- regularly communicate with teachers and fellow students.
- take part in interactive and engaging lessons that allow them to learn, review and practise easily.
- practise essential 21st century skills such as digital literacy, collaboration and self-organisation.
- take part in a course designed by some of the best IB Spanish teachers in the world.
Activities and AssessmentThe emphasis is on learning actively together. Activities include live and asynchronous online discussions, creating presentations, learning from videos and interactive exercises. The course also provides more traditional activities such as reading comprehension, essay writing and oral practice to prepare students for the exams. Assessment will be both formative and summative in accordance with IB criteria.
Advice from Our TeachersIn order to succeed in Spanish B SL, we recommend students set aside five to six hours a week.
Ready to See Pamoja Online Courses in Action?
Explore any of our 22 IB-approved Diploma courses.
The Online Learning Digest
Subscribe today to receive our latest resources, events, updates and so much more – specially curated for you, and delivered straight to your inbox.