Business Management HL
Business Management HL is a rigorous and dynamic course that explores how business decision-making processes are affected by, and impact on internal and external environments.
The course covers the following topics:
- Course Overview
- Business Basics
- Stakeholders and Environments
- Growth and Planning Tools
- Marketing Basics
- Marketing Mix and More
- Sources of Finance
- Financial Accounts
- HRM Functions, Structures and IA
- Motivation and Leadership
- Culture and Relations
- Internal Assessment
- Operations Management 1
- Trial Exam
- Operations Management 2
- Paper 1 Case Study
- Individual Study Plan
What is different in taking Business Management HL online?
Students will have the opportunity to:
- access source material in a variety of media
- learn at their own pace and in a location of their choice
- study alongside students from around the world
- gain experience of using the latest online learning tools
- regularly communicate with teachers and fellow students
Some things won’t be different though. Standards and expectations will be just as high as in a face to face classroom.
Activities and assessment
The Business Management course includes the following activities: discussions and online debates, creating wikis, written tasks, readings and case studies on current topics, project work (individually and in groups), and live lessons with a teacher.
Advice from our teachers
In order to succeed in Business Management HL, we recommend students set aside seven to ten hours a week.
Benefits to students
Taking Business Management HL online will enable students to:
- develop their understanding of business theory, as well as the ability to apply business principles, practices and skills
- encounter a wider range of international contexts in business
- become experienced in a wide range of technical and social tools
- develop 21st century skills like time management, communication and digital literacy which are much in demand by employers
Pilot the Pamoja Online Course for up to four weeks from the day the course commences.