Utilising technology to create learning opportunitiesPamoja is an education technology company based in Oxford, UK and is part of Faria Education Group.
Working in collaboration with schools
We provide schools across the globe with flexible online learning solutions that address key educational challenges, from structured content to courses fully taught by our own teachers. We help Cambridge Schools and IB World Schools broaden their subject offering to students by delivering online courses for Cambridge IGCSE, IB Diploma, Cambridge International AS and A Level programmes. We also offer an online tutoring service, Pamoja Tutor, which provides students with one-to-one assistance in specific subjects.
How do we do it?
- Give students space and control over time, place and path of learning
- Elevate the role of the teacher, allowing them to maintain the balance between guiding the flow of learning, and giving students the opportunity to self-direct
- Utilise technology in the classroom for lower-order activities to free up teacher time for personalised student support and progress monitoring
Why do we do it?
- To provide students with a personalised learning experience so that they can fulfill their potential
- To establish classrooms that are engaging and intellectually inquisitive environments that unlock students’ creativity and curiosity
- To develop students who have the confidence to ask questions rather than recite answers
We’ve asked our CEO, John Ingram, and our Principal of Online Courses, Hannah Senel-Walp to share their vision for Pamoja. Watch our video to learn more about what we do!
Join our team
We are passionate about utilising technology to create learning opportunities, and we want like-minded, ambitious and inquisitive people to join our business and work alongside us. If you like the sound of our culture and believe you would be the perfect fit, check out our available roles and apply today!
We will be seeking part time Cambridge IGCSE, Cambridge International AS and A Level and IB Diploma teachers throughout the forthcoming year. If you have the ability to unlock creativity and curiosity in the classroom and are passionate about helping students to succeed, we would be delighted to hear from you!
Professional development for online teachers
Three-week training programme
We have developed a three-week programme to train educators to teach our online courses. The programme aims to:
- clarify the expectations of online teaching
- introduce teachers to the different tools that can be used in their online classrooms
- help teachers learn how to expand the boundaries of their face-to-face classrooms
- safeguarding training focused on the online environment
A supportive community
Our teachers communicate on a daily basis with department heads and colleagues. They have access to each of the subject and help forums and a variety of other communication channels such as wikis and blogs, as well as online meetings through Skype or Google Hangout, or webinars.
Ongoing professional development
Our professional learning community organises webinars and professional development opportunities throughout the year.
Further information and guidance for teachers
If you are interested in joining our professional learning community, please email our Careers team to ask us any questions you have about becoming a Pamoja teacher.
Application process for teachers
Teaching applicants are required to complete and submit an online application form, provide a copy of an up to date CV and written approval from their School Head/Principal or Superintendent of their School District. All applications will be acknowledged. Follow the link to view a list of current vacancies.
Note; the system will allow you to upload documents and update your application when convenient. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an initial Skype interview which will typically be held with one of the recruitment team and/or a member of the Pamoja Education Academic team. Successful applicants will be invited to the online teacher training course. Following evaluation of the training, applicants will be informed of the outcome and be advised of potential teaching opportunities and if appropriate, dates for teacher online orientation.