Designed by a former IB Core Subject manager, your students will benefit from our exceptional online classroom environment.
M2025 Year 1
Please note, that all courses offered are subject to receiving a minimum of 5 students at the beginning of the academic year. We will contact the school prior to the course start date if we are unable to take a course forward.
* Excludes VAT
The course covers the following topics:
Beginning the IB Extended Essay Process
- Lesson 1 – What is an IB Extended Essay?
- Lesson 2 – The requirements of the IB Extended Essay?
- Lesson 3 – An introduction to research
- Lesson 4 – Academic honesty
- Lesson 5 – Writing a bibliography
- Lesson 6 – How you will be assessed
- Lesson 7 – The researcher’s reflection space
- Lesson 8 – Choosing your topic
- Lesson 9 – Meet your supervisor
- Lesson 10 – Formulating an initial research question
- Lesson 11 – First reflection session and undertaking your initial research
Writing your IB Extended Essay
- Lesson 1 – Essay plan
- Lesson 2 – Writing the introduction
- Lesson 3 – Writing the main body
- Lesson 4 – Interim reflection session and writing the conclusion
Finalising the IB Extended Essay Process
- Lesson 1 – Completing the full draft
- Lesson 2 – Feedback on full draft
- Lesson 3 – Signed consent statement
- Lesson 3 – Final version
- Lesson 4 – Final meeting – Viva Voce
The BenefitsTaking IB Extended Essay online will enable students to:
- formulate an appropriate research question.
- engage in a personal exploration of the topic.
- communicate ideas.
- develop an argument.
What is different in taking IB Extended Essay online?Students will have the opportunity to:
- study alongside students from around the world.
- Gain experience of using the latest online learning tools.
- Regularly communicate with teachers and fellow students.
- Take part in interactive and engaging lessons that allow them to learn, review and practise easily.
- Practise essential 21st century skills such as digital literacy, collaboration and self-organisation.
Activities and AssessmentEach IB Extended Essay module has clear objectives, activities and opportunities for students to review and reflect on their work. There are no activities to be assessed during the course; instead, a clear programme of supervision aligned to the IB guidelines is set out to ensure that EE remains entirely owned by the student; the student’s own work and their ownership of the process is crucial.
Advice from Our TeachersIn order to succeed in IB Extended Essay, we recommend students set aside 40 hours throughout the two year course.
Ready to See Pamoja Online Courses in Action?
Explore any of our 22 IB-approved Diploma courses.