Our online Extended Essay supervision assists IB World Schools in providing a consistently high level of support to their students in order to complete this significant part of their Diploma. Each module has clear objectives, activities and opportunities for students to review and reflect on their work.
Designed by a former IB Core Subject manager, your students will benefit from our exceptional online classroom environment. Our online EE supervision helps them to explore their Pamoja Taught subject.
Divided into four units, our online Extended Essay supervision is flexible, allowing schools to align it to their own academic calendar.
Unit 1: Introduction to the Extended Essay
- Lesson 1 – What is an Extended Essay?
- Lesson 2 – The requirements of the Extended Essay?
- Lesson 3 – An introduction to research
- Lesson 4 – Academic honesty
- Lesson 5 – Writing a bibliography
- Lesson 6 – How you will be assessed
- Lesson 7 – The researcher’s reflection space
Unit 2: Beginning the process
- Lesson 1 – Choosing your subject area and choosing a topic
- Lesson 2 – Formulating an initial research question
- Lesson 3 – Undertaking your initial research
Unit 3: Consolidating the process
- Lesson 1 – Essay plan
- Lesson 2 – Introduction
- Lesson 3 – Writing the main body
- Lesson 4 – Conclusions
Unit 4: Final stages
- Lesson 1 – Completing the full draft
- Lesson 2 – Feedback on full draft
- Lesson 3 – Final version
- Lesson 4 – Final meeting
Assessment and activities
Each module has clear objectives, activities and opportunities for students to review and reflect on their work. There are no activities to be assessed during the course; instead, a clear programme of supervision aligned to the IB guidelines is set out to ensure that EE remains entirely owned by the student; the student’s own work and their ownership of the process is crucial.