Pilot the Pamoja Online Course for up to four weeks from the day the course commences.
Please note, that all courses offered are subject to receiving a minimum of 5 students at the beginning of the academic year. We will contact the school prior to the course start date if we are unable to take a course forward.
* Excludes VAT
The course covers the following topics:
- Course overview
- Intro to Digital Society
- Digital Society Concepts
- Networks and the Internet
- Reflection and Planning Ahead
- Artificial Intelligence
- Robots and Autonomous Technology
- Intro to the Inquiry Project
- Global Well-being
- Inquiry Focus – Criterion A
- Sustainable Development
- Inquiry Focus – Criterion B
- End Year Exam Revision
- Inquiry Focus – Criterion C
- End of Year 1 Reflection
- Human Knowledge
- Inquiry Focus – Criterion D
- Inquiry Focus – Criterion E
- Governance and Human Rights
- Internal Assessment Draft
- Sustainable Development Extended Inquiry
- Internal Assessment – Final
- Introduction to Paper 3
- This Year’s Pre-release Statement
- Trial Exam
- Paper 3 Preparation
The BenefitsTaking Digital Society HL online will enable students to:
- develop in-depth understanding of the trends of digital systems.
- learn to write analytically with a global perspective in mind.
- become experienced in a wide range of technical and social tools.
- develop 21st century skills like time management, communication and digital literacy which are much in demand by employers.
What is different in taking Digital Society HL online?Students will have the opportunity to:
- develop an authentic experience with the Digital Systems that are discussed and evaluated.
- access source material in a variety of media.
- access a structured learning environment that provides flexibility and support in equal measure.
- study alongside students from around the world.
- regularly communicate with teachers and fellow students.
Activities and Assessment
Students will engage the course content in a variety of ways including in-depth research, group work and weekly discussions focused on essential questions. They will also work on the examining and exploring of real-world examples.
Students are assessed on variety of formats that range from simple statements to in-depth and complex essay writing. Assessment is fully in line with IB criteria.
Advice from Our TeachersTo succeed in Digital Society HL, we recommend students set aside six to eight hours a week.
Ready to See Pamoja Online Courses in Action?
Explore any of our 24 IB-approved Diploma courses.
Explore All Other 24 IB-Approved Courses