Business Management SL
Business Management SL is a rigorous and dynamic course that explores how business decision-making processes impact on internal and external environments. In turn, it will explore how decision-making processes themselves are affected by internal and external environments.
The course covers the following topics:
- Course Overview
- Business Basics
- Stakeholders and Environments
- Growth and Planning Tools
- Basics of Marketing
- Marketing Mix and More
- Sources of Finance
- Financial Accounts
- HRM Functions and Structures
- Motivation and Leadership
- Operations Management
- Trial Exam
- Paper 1 Case Study
- Individual Study Plan
What is different in taking Business Management SL online?
Students will have the opportunity to:
- access source material in a variety of media
- learn at their own pace and in a location of their choice
- study alongside students from around the world
- gain experience of using the latest online learning tools
- regularly communicate with teachers and fellow students
Some things won’t be different though. Standards and expectations will be just as high as in a face to face classroom.
Activities and assessment
The Business Management course includes the following activities: discussions and online debates, creating wikis, written tasks, readings and case studies on current topics, project work (individually and in groups), and live lessons with a teacher.
Advice from our teachers
In order to succeed in Business Management SL, we recommend students set aside five to six hours a week.
Benefits to students
Taking Business Management SL online will enable students to:
- develop their understanding of business theory, as well as the ability to apply business principles, practices and skills
- encounter a wider range of international contexts in business
- become experienced in a wide range of technical and social tools
- develop 21st century skills like time management, communication and digital literacy which are much in demand by employers