Business Management SL
Business Management SL is a rigorous and dynamic course that explores how business decision-making processes impact on internal and external environments. In turn, it will explore how decision-making processes themselves are affected by internal and external environments.
The course covers the following topics:
- Course Overview
- Business Basics
- Stakeholders and Environments
- Growth and Planning Tools
- Basics of Marketing
- Marketing Mix and More
- Sources of Finance
- Financial Accounts
- HRM Functions and Structures
- Motivation and Leadership
- Operations Management
- Trial Exam
- Paper 1 Case Study
- Individual Study Plan
What is different in taking Business Management SL online?
Students will have the opportunity to:
- access source material in a variety of media
- access a structured learning environment that provides flexibility and support in equal measure
- study alongside students from around the world
- gain experience of using the latest online learning tools
- regularly communicate with teachers and fellow students
Some things won’t be different though. Standards and expectations will be just as high as in a face to face classroom.
Activities and assessment
The Business Management course includes the following activities: discussions and online debates, creating wikis, written tasks, readings and case studies on current topics, project work (individually and in groups), and live lessons with a teacher.
Advice from our teachers
In order to succeed in Business Management SL, we recommend students set aside five to six hours a week.
Benefits to students
Taking Business Management SL online will enable students to:
- develop their understanding of business theory, as well as the ability to apply business principles, practices and skills
- encounter a wider range of international contexts in business
- become experienced in a wide range of technical and social tools
- develop 21st century skills like time management, communication and digital literacy which are much in demand by employers
Pilot the Pamoja Online Course for up to four weeks from the day the course commences.