Mathematics - Additional
This course supports learners in building competency, confidence and fluency in their use of techniques and mathematical understanding. This course helps learners to develop a feel for quantity, patterns and relationships. Learners will develop their reasoning, problem-solving and analytical skills in a variety of contexts.
Course available from September 2020, for first exams in June 2022.
- Quadratic equations and inequalities
- Indices, surds and polynomials
- Simultaneous equations
- Logarithms and exponential functions
- Straight line graphs and vectors
- Permutations, combinations and series
- Permutations, combinations and series (continued)
In each year there is also time for revision and trial examinations.
Activities and assessments
The course includes the following activities: readings on current topics, quizzes, self-assessments, marked worksheets and problem sets. Teachers will review and grade assignments during the course. There are also unit discussions to support students with each topic.
The final examinations for students on this course consist of 2 externally-assessed papers, covering:
- Paper 1 – 2 hours, 50%, Structured questions
- Paper 2 – 2 hours, 50%, Structured questions
Advice from our teachers
In order to succeed in IGCSE Mathematics – Additional, we recommend students set aside five to six hours a week to study. It is important that students regularly keep up with the readings and the course activities in a timely manner. And that they contact their Pamoja teacher if they fall behind or need help with assignments.
Benefits to students
Taking IGCSE Mathematics – Additional will enable students to:
- become experienced in a wide range of technical and social tools
- develop skills like time management, communication and digital literacy
- develop problem-solving skills that can be applied to issues in everyday life
- acquire a strong foundation in mathematics for further study in the subject or in mathematics-related subjects
Pilot the Pamoja Online Course for up to four weeks from the day the course commences.
- Cambridge IGCSE Mathematics – Additional (0606) syllabus overview and guide
- Hodder Education Student eTextbooks information
- Technology requirements
Hodder Education eTextbook
This course is dependent on student etextbooks provided by Hodder Education and hosted on the Dynamic Learning platform. Please ensure you check the Hodder Dynamic Learning guidance to ensure your systems are able to access this service. This service is provided as part of the Pamoja course fee - find out more.