Business Management SL
Part of the IB subject group 3, Individuals and Societies, Business Management SL is a rigorous and dynamic course that explores how business decision-making processes impact on internal and external environments. In turn, it will explore how decision-making processes themselves are affected by internal and external environments.
What is different in taking Business Management SL online?
Students will have the opportunity to:
- access source material in a variety of media
- learn at their own pace and in a location of their choice
- study alongside students from around the world
- gain experience of using the latest online learning tools
- regularly communicate with teachers and fellow students
Some things won’t be different though. Standards and expectations will be just as high as in a face to face classroom.
Themes covered through the course
The course covers business organisation and environment, human resources, accounting and finance, marketing, and operations management.
Activities and assessment
The Business Management course includes the following activities: discussions and online debates, creating wikis, written tasks, readings and case studies on current topics, project work (individually and in groups), and live lessons with a teacher.
Advice from our teachers
In order to succeed in Business Management SL, we recommend students set aside five to six hours a week.
Benefits to students
Taking Business Management SL online will enable students to:
- develop their understanding of business theory, as well as the ability to apply business principles, practices and skills
- encounter a wider range of international contexts in business
- become experienced in a wide range of technical and social tools
- develop 21st century skills like time management, communication and digital literacy which are much in demand by employers
Request further information
Talk to your school's IB DP Coordinator
Register your students
How does it work?
Watch our video to find out how IB Diploma Programme students use the Pamoja Taught learning platform on a day-to-day basis throughout the duration of their two-year courses.