Explore our 22 IB-approved Diplome Programme Online Courses.
Information Technology in a Global Society
Digital Society will replace ITGS as of September 2022, for the first assessment in 2024. Click here to view our Digital Society SL course.
N2023 Year 2
Please note, that all courses offered are subject to receiving a minimum of 5 students at the beginning of the academic year. We will contact the school prior to the course start date if we are unable to take a course forward.
* Excludes VAT
The course covers the following topics:
- Course Overview
- Introduction to ITGS
- Hardware and Software
- Business and Employment
- Revision and Semester Test
- Modelling and Simulations
- IA & Project Management
- Multimedia & Digital Media (1)
- End of Year Revision
- Multimedia & Digital Media (2)
- Personal and Public Communication
- Home and Leisure
- Politics and Government
- Environment – Part 1
- IA First Full Draft
- Environment – Part 2
- Semester Exam
- Education and Training – Part 1
- Trial Exam
- Education and Training – Part 2
- Course Review
The BenefitsTaking ITGS SL online will enable students to:
- develop in-depth understanding of the trends of Information Technology.
- learn to write analytically with a global perspective in mind.
- become experienced in a wide range of technical and social tools.
- develop 21st century skills like time management, communication and digital literacy which are much in demand by employers.
What is different in taking ITGS SL online?Students will have the opportunity to:
- develop an authentic experience with the IT that is discussed and evaluated.
- access source material in a variety of media.
- access a structured learning environment that provides flexibility and support in equal measure.
- study alongside students from around the world.
- regularly communicate with teachers and fellow students.
Activities and Assessment
Students will engage the course content in a variety of ways including in-depth research, group work and weekly discussions focused on essential questions. They will also work on the production of a real world project for an authentic client.
Students are assessed on variety of formats that range from simple statements to in-depth and complex essay writing. Assessment is fully in line with IB criteria.
Advice from Our TeachersIn order to succeed in ITGS SL, we recommend students set aside five to six hours a week.
Ready to See Pamoja Online Courses in Action?
Explore any of our 22 IB-approved Diploma courses.