How does Pamoja Taught work?
Students use our online platform to access content at any time, and interact with Pamoja teachers and other students from around the world via live lessons, messaging, discussion forums and journals.
Student engagement, activities and submission of assignments are tracked by Pamoja teachers to provide support at the point it is needed.
Schools designate a member of staff to be our first point of contact to keep track of student progress, and provide face-to-face support if needed.
What your child will get
- Wider range of subjects to choose from
- High quality courses taught by experienced IB teachers
- Unique opportunity to study with classmates around the world
- Flexibility to fit the online course around their other commitments
How your child will benefit
- Gain practical experience of collaborative tools and digital technologies
- Develop essential skills for success at university, work and life
- Become an independent, self-directed learner
- Strengthen intercultural awareness
Meeting IB standards
Pamoja Taught courses are written by subject matter experts and authorised by the International Baccalaureate. They cover the same course content and prepare students for the same assessments as traditional face-to-face IB DP courses. You can be confident that courses meet IB standards and learning outcomes, as well as being fit for purpose for an online environment.
Flexible learning and face-to-face support: the Pamoja Taught experience
We met with Pamoja student and Global Student Council member Kaymin (Kay) and his father, Wayne Burnett, in Singapore in March 2018. Kay shared his experience of taking two Pamoja Taught courses; he explained how he benefits from the flexibility of learning online and enjoys the intercultural classroom environment.
Wayne told us that he has no worries about his son being taught online, as the Site-based Coordinator in school monitors Kay’s progress and gives him any face-to-face support he might need to ensure a successful learning experience.
Frequently asked questions
We put together our answers to questions that are frequently asked by parents, so you can get as much information as you need about online learning.