How does Pamoja Taught work?
Students use our online platform to access content at any time, and interact with Pamoja teachers and other students from around the world via live lessons, messaging, discussion forums and journals.
Student engagement, activities and submission of assignments are tracked by Pamoja teachers to provide support at the point it is needed.
Schools designate a member of staff to be our first point of contact to keep track of student progress, and provide face-to-face support if needed.
What your child will get
- Wider range of subjects to choose from
- High quality courses taught by experienced IB teachers
- Unique opportunity to study with classmates around the world
- Flexibility to fit the online course around their other commitments
How your child will benefit
- Gain practical experience of collaborative tools and digital technologies
- Develop essential skills for success at university, work and life
- Become an independent, self-directed learner
- Strengthen intercultural awareness
Meeting IB standards
Getting a head start for university
Pamoja Taught courses provide students with practical experience of collaborative tools and digital technologies, promoting self-direction and independence in learning; skills that are highly desired by universities around the world.
According to research carried out by the University of London’s Institute of Education with students using Pamoja courses, many indicated that the pre-university experience of online learning provided ‘rehearsal space’, allowing students to develop their approaches to study, including note-taking, information searching, and communicating online (with peers and teachers) before starting university.
IB World Schools are responsible for registering students - get in touch to find out whether your school already offers Pamoja Taught courses. Alternatively, speak to your school's Diploma Programme Coordinator.