Theory of Knowledge
Our course combines high quality, IB-approved content focusing on the Ways of Knowing and the Areas of Knowledge defined by the IB with access to all relevant materials.
The course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Theory of Knowledge
- The Arts
- Natural Sciences
- Natural Sciences, continued
- Human Sciences
- Ways of Knowing and The Essay
- The Presentation
Benefits to students
Upon completion of course, students should be able to:
- Analyse knowledge claims and respond to knowledge issues in the context of different areas of knowledge and Ways of Knowing
- Express ideas accurately and honestly, using examples from their own experiences as learners and from their broader life experience
The course material conveys the theoretical foundation of essential concepts or questions, while providing an environment in which these concepts can be discussed and debated. Students have the opportunity to reflect on their learning and make regular journal entries throughout the course. There are opportunities for collaboration through the development of wikis and class projects, as well as the use of discussion forums.
Summative assessments in the form of essay or presentation occur at the end of each unit. Specific time is allotted at the end of the course to complete a final essay and presentation. Formative assessments include writing in wikis, journals and discussion forums throughout the course.
|Overview of ways of knowing|
This course will be available for use by schools with enrolments from:
- August 2019 for May exam sessions
- January 2020 for November exam sessions
Request a demo
Get in touch
Access the platform
How does it work?
Watch our short video to find out how flexible School Taught courses are and how they could save your teachers time on course preparation.