Part of the IB subject group 4, Sciences, the Biology HL course is a comprehensive offering that provides students with a quality learning experience as they investigate the living world at all levels.
Themes covered through the course
The course covers cellular and molecular biology, genetics, ecology, evolution and biodiversity, plant diversity, and human and animal physiology.
Activities and assessment
The course has regular formative and summative assessments and a range of activities, including online media, discussions and lab activities.
Advice from our teachers
In order to succeed in Biology HL, we recommend students set aside six to eight hours per week. How much of the course material is covered in the classroom and how much via independent learning is flexible and to be decided by the school teacher.
Benefits to students
Taking Biology HL will enable students to:
- gain an understanding of the living world at all levels
- develop their observational, analytical and collaborative skills
- consume course content outside of the classroom including formative exercises and interactive activities
- become independent learners and develop time-management skills
- experience a wide range of online learning tools
Request a demo
Get in touch
Access the platform
How does it work?
Watch our short video to find out how flexible School Taught courses are and how they could save your teachers time on course preparation.