Information Technology in a Global Society HL
Part of the IB subject group 3, Individuals and Societies, Information Technology in a Global Society looks at technological innovations and their social and ethical impact on the world today.
What is different in taking ITGS HL online?
Students will have the opportunity to:
- develop an authentic experience with the IT that is discussed and evaluated
- access source material in a variety of media
- learn at their own pace and in a location of their choice
- study alongside students from around the world
- regularly communicate with teachers and fellow students
Some things won’t be different though. Standards and expectations will be just as high as in a face to face classroom.
Themes covered through the course
ITGS HL is focused on three main strands: social and ethical significance, application to specified scenarios, and IT systems.
The HL course contains extension topics and an annually issued case study.
Activities and assessment
Students will engage the course content in a variety of ways including in-depth research, group work and weekly discussions focused on essential questions. They will also work on the production of a real world project for an authentic client.
Students are assessed on variety of formats that range from simple statements to in-depth and complex essay writing. Assessment is fully in line with IB criteria.
Advice from our teachers
In order to succeed in ITGS HL, we recommend students set aside six to eight hours a week.
Benefits to students
Taking ITGS HL online will enable students to:
- develop in-depth understanding of the trends of Information Technology
- learn to write analytically with a global perspective in mind
- become experienced in a wide range of technical and social tools
- develop 21st century skills like time management, communication and digital literacy which are much in demand by employers
Request further information
Talk to your school's IB DP Coordinator
Register your students
How does it work?
Watch our video to find out how IB Diploma Programme students use the Pamoja Taught learning platform on a day-to-day basis throughout the duration of their two-year courses.